I've never been a huge snacker. In fact, when I lived alone, I barely kept any food in my house. But I understand for some people, this can truly be a vice. Here are some quick tips to keep snacking under control and more in line with your health goals.
1. Make healthy snacks ahead of time using clean ingredients, such as fresh salsa with Siete chips or cut up fruit (having it cut up and ready in the fridge makes it easily accessible)
2. Don't go grocery shopping when you're hungry. This is how unhealthy, processed crap ends up in your pantry. Have a healthy snack before you go to the store. That being said, once you get there, stick to shopping the perimeter of the store, where most clean and fresh ingredients are.
3. Don't buy sugary, processed snacks for your kids either. If they're in the house, you're more likely to eat them.
4. DRINK WATER. 9/10 times when you think you're hungry, you're probably just dehydrated. Make sure you're getting enough water throughout the day.
5. Keep healthy snacks (such as Lara bars) in your car, your desk, your gym bag, etc. Having a healthy option might just stop you from reaching for a bag of chips from the vending machine.
6. Healthy snacks don't have to be boring. If you're checking out your options and you have a banana on the counter, cut it up and eat it with a little almond butter and a drizzle of honey.